Ecopreneurship: A Guide to Starting a Business and Saving the Planet
Image via Pexels
Many aspiring entrepreneurs start businesses for financial independence, freedom, and tax incentives, while others pursue entrepreneurship because they’re passionate about making a difference in the world. Some of them focus on tackling environmental issues. These latter category of business owners are known as ecoprenuers. Ecopreneurs are entrepreneurs who create products and services that tackle major environmental issues such as food waste, plastic pollution, and climate change.
If you’re passionate about changing the world for the better, check out this guide from Temitope Onifade to learn how to launch your own environmentally friendly business! Start small, or big, or however it works for your circumstances.
Who are Ecopreneurs?
Thinking of pursuing ecopreneurship? Here are a few things to know about ecopreneurs and the kinds of businesses they create.
● Ecopreneurs tackle major environmental issues such as waste production, population growth, water pollution, and deforestation.
● Several examples of eco-friendly businesses include green blogging, organic catering, food stands, furniture upcycling, and sustainable event planning.
● Some ecoprenuers sell environmentally friendly products for the home and body.
How to Start a Green Business
Ready to pursue your green business idea? Here are some tips for starting a business.
● Start by reviewing some sustainability trends for 2021 and 2022.
● Complete the business formation process. You’ll need to choose a business structure, write a business plan, and purchase any necessary insurance policies.
● Look into environmental grants and loans if you need small business financing.
● Make sure you understand your sustainability obligations as a small business owner.
● If you’re starting a business from home, locate your office away from distractions in your basement, attic, or garage. If you need to renovate your basement, be sure to determine your budget and compare contractors.
Tips for Marketing Your Green Business
Once your green business is up and running, you’ll need to promote your new products or services.
● Hire a web developer to build a professional website for your green business.
● Use green marketing strategies to promote your new business.
● Hire a logo designer to create an appealing and memorable logo.
The world needs more ecopreneurs, especially as climate change accelerates and our water, food, land, and soil become more polluted. These tips and resources will help to put your green business plans into action, so don’t wait any longer to get out there and make a positive difference in the world!
Marjorie Jones created Working Class Wow because she knows you don’t need a big budget to make your business look like a million bucks! From a well-designed logo and a carefully-crafted website to grammatically-correct copy and professionally-printed marketing materials, it is entirely possible (and surprisingly affordable) to bring a little “Working Class WOW” to your small business to build your brand, improve relationships with customers, and benefit the bottom line. WorkingClassWow.com can show you how.